Economic Freedom Fighters supporters are planning a protest march around land ownership in Stellenbosch today. Eyewitness News reports that they want to hand over a memorandum to business tycoon Johann Rupert. The action coincides with the day Jan van Riebeeck (ree-beck) docked in Cape Town on 6 April 1652. Spokesperson of the party, Leigh-Ann Mathys said: “370 years later and Africans remain landless and without ownership of natural resources”.
- South Africa set to unveil three-dimensional technology demonstration project
- Tanzanian government seize life stock from indigenous Maasi herders for conservation area and trophy hunting
- Algeria to move away from dependence fossil fuels
- United States one of South Africa’s biggest trading partners
- Rebels clash with DR Congo government troops