Economic Freedom Fighters leader Julius Malema has dismissed evidence presented by AfriForum suggesting that he and his supporters incited violence on his Facebook page, insisting he’s never had an account with the social media platform. Eyewitness News reports that Malema was back on the stand in the Johannesburg High Court on Thursday over the singing of the struggle song Dubul’ ibhunu. On Wednesday, he argued that the anti-apartheid song was never meant to be taken literally.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho