The EFF in South Africa has welcomed the dismissal of the Government Employees Medical Aid Scheme’s application to block the release of the interim Section 59 investigative report on unfair racial discrimination by medical schemes Discovery, Gems And Medscheme which found that medical schemes and administrators are 1.4 times more likely to conclude that black health-care practitioners have committed fraud, waste and abuse when compared to their non-black counterparts. The party if now calling for a complete overhaul of the algorithm systems in place to identify fraud, and wastage by medical practitioners.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria