A Reuters poll forecast says Egypt’s central bank will raise its overnight deposit rate by 50 basis points on Thursday as it seeks to dampen surging inflation. The median forecast in a poll of 17 analysts is for the Central Bank of Egypt to raise deposit rates to 11.75% at its regular monetary policy committee meeting. They predicted the lending rate would rise by a median of 25 bps to 12.50%.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised