South African power utility Eskom, citing its “continued shortage of generation capacity”, has announced that stage 2 load-shedding will continue between 5pm and 10pm throughout the week. “While there may be instances where load-shedding might need to be implemented outside of these hours. As far as possible, Eskom will endeavour to limit the implementation of load-shedding to the evening peak to limit the impact of the capacity shortages on the public,” Times Live quotes the utility as saying. Eskom did add though that it would be closely monitoring the system and adjust and communicate any changes as may be necessary.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised