Attackers have hijacked and torched a truck belonging to a privately-owned daily newspaper in the southern African kingdom of Eswatini. The Times of Swaziland reported on its website that the attack on its vehicle was meant to “plant fear in our staff and journalists”. Last year, dozens were killed in pro-democracy protests calling an end to the 35-year rule of King Mswati III, an absolute monarch.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho