Voting in Ethiopia is continuing in some parts of the country for a second day after challenges in some areas, while ballot counting has begun in most areas. Despite the difficulties, President Abiy Ahmed praised the election as a historic day and the nation’s “first free and fair election”. The president has shared on Twitter pictures of Ethiopians queuing up to vote – which he said showed their commitment to the democratic process.
- Dr Karuaihe reveals his 100 days plan as Agribank CEO
- Possible 10-year sentence for sharing pics, videos of minors amid POPI Act
- Oil highest since 2014 as Turkey outage adds to tight supply outlook
- Zandile Mafe transferred to Pollsmoor Prison
- Namcor require unvaccinated staff to show a weekly negative PCR test