Ethiopia’s central bank has warned against trade in cryptocurrencies. In a statement issued on Monday, the National Bank of Ethiopia said the use of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin was becoming prevalent despite being against the law. It said this was creating favourable conditions for hiding illicit funds. The BBC reports that the bank has vowed to take measures against those using cryptocurrencies.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid