European Union leaders have agreed plans for a partial Russian oil embargo in a midnight breakthrough at talks in Brussels on Monday. Rosie Birchard reports from the summit that the compromise deal was reached after weeks of deadlock among EU countries on the bloc’s sixth package of sanctions to be imposed on Moscow over its war in Ukraine.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid