European Union leaders meeting in Brussels is expected to unanimously agree to grant war-torn Ukraine candidate status for the 27-member bloc. EU heads of state and government are also expected to back a similar bid from Moldova, one of Europe’s poorest countries.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid