European Union foreign ministers will adopt sanctions on Tuesday against Russia over its recognition of Ukrainian separatist regions and further deployment of troops on its neighbour’s territory, the bloc’s foreign policy chief Josep Borrell said. Borrell told reporters in Paris that the text of the possible measures was being prepared while the ministers attend a forum with Indo-Pacific nations in the French capital. The AFP reports that the decision would come “this afternoon” at an emergency meeting that was called on the sidelines of the forum in Paris.
- Product codes starting with the number eight do not identify genetically modified produce
- Microsoft sees ‘new day’ in war with Google over AI search engines
- Why first 72 hours are crucial for Turkey-Syria quake rescues
- Direct support to small scale farmers reduces poverty – what Zambia is doing right
- Children pulled from rubble as Turkey-Syria quake toll tops 9,500