European Union foreign ministers will adopt sanctions on Tuesday against Russia over its recognition of Ukrainian separatist regions and further deployment of troops on its neighbour’s territory, the bloc’s foreign policy chief Josep Borrell said. Borrell told reporters in Paris that the text of the possible measures was being prepared while the ministers attend a forum with Indo-Pacific nations in the French capital. The AFP reports that the decision would come “this afternoon” at an emergency meeting that was called on the sidelines of the forum in Paris.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho