The European Commission is finalising details of a contract to purchase some 110,000 doses of vaccines against monkeypox for EU member states. The World Health Organisation has previously warned that transmission of the virus, which usually spreads through skin-to-skin contact, could increase in Europe during the summer, given the many festivals and large gatherings taking place.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised