Police in South Africa’s Mpumalanga have launched a manhunt after world renowned Ndebele artist Dr Esther Mahlangu was attacked in her home and robbed of her firearm and an undisclosed amount of cash. 87 year-old Dr Mahlangu is a well-known, award-winning artist from the Ndebele nation, whose art references patterns found in clothing and jewellery of the Ndebele people. Among other honours, in 2019 she received the award of Officer in the French Order of Arts and Letters at a special celebration that coincides with the local Bastille Day celebrations at the French Residence.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho