In an update to the story from South Africa, the father of three children who died after consuming “energy drinks” he had allegedly given them on Thursday was found unconscious at their home in Ratanda, near Heidelberg. Guateng police said that the man, who might be involved in poisoning his children, was rushed to hospital where he is being kept under police guard. TimesLive reports that two of the children died at school shortly after consuming the drinks. The third died while on route to hospital, the fourth child survived but remains in hospital, while the man’s fifth child survived as he had not consumed the drink he was given by his father.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid