In an update to the story from South Africa, the father of three children who died after consuming “energy drinks” he had allegedly given them on Thursday was found unconscious at their home in Ratanda, near Heidelberg. Guateng police said that the man, who might be involved in poisoning his children, was rushed to hospital where he is being kept under police guard. TimesLive reports that two of the children died at school shortly after consuming the drinks. The third died while on route to hospital, the fourth child survived but remains in hospital, while the man’s fifth child survived as he had not consumed the drink he was given by his father.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised