The Financial Intelligence Centre intercepted and aided the recovery of criminal proceeds worth N$ 142.4 million during the 2020/21 financial year. Included in this, a report by the Centre shows, were eight vehicles, houses and flats, the contents of several bank accounts, and cash, with FIC investigations resulting in 10 criminal convictions. The Centre also revealed that there are 67 cases still ongoing, and transactions valued at N$3.8 billion are still under investigation by various law enforcement agencies.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid