Fighting with heavy weapons resumed on Thursday in eastern DRC between the M23 rebels and the Congolese army, after five days of a truce following the decisions of the Luanda summit on November 23. Africa News reports that this summit had decided on a ceasefire from Friday 25 at 6:00 p.m. followed two days later by the withdrawal of the M23 from the areas conquered for several months in the province of North Kivu.
- Chart of some of the World’s deadliest earthquakes
- Pop Culture biggest influencer on African youth, according report by Africa no Filter
- Mali government gives head of UN peacekeeping mission 48 hours to leave the country
- Ethiopian government sends $90 million to Tigrayan capital to help restart banking services
- South Africa records two confirmed cases of cholera