Finland has submitted a formal application to join NATO while its neighbour Sweden has outlined its intentions to do the same. Chris Jones reports that current NATO member Norway has backed the plans which it says will be good for the Nordic region but fellow NATO member Turkey has outlined a list of demands should the two wish to join the military alliance.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised