Finland has submitted a formal application to join NATO while its neighbour Sweden has outlined its intentions to do the same. Chris Jones reports that current NATO member Norway has backed the plans which it says will be good for the Nordic region but fellow NATO member Turkey has outlined a list of demands should the two wish to join the military alliance.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid