The SA National Defence Force has confirmed that a massive fire, which broke out at the Waterkloof Air Force Base in Pretoria on Sunday evening after a fuel pump burst, has been extinguished. News24 quotes spokesperson, Brigadier-General Mongezi Kweta, as saying that the fire started on the bulk fuel storage facility following a suspected leakage from a burst pump late on Sunday afternoon and that the SANDF had launched an investigation but had no reason to suspect any foul play at this stage. Kweta said Waterkloof and Swartkop Base firefighters “quickly” responded, contained, and put out the blaze around 8pm and that a statement with full details about the incident would be released at a later stage.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho