An early morning fire on Sunday led to the evacuation of staff and patients at the Vredendal Hospital in South Africa’s Western Cape. News24 quotes Leensie Lötter, the spokesperson for the West Coast District and Paarl Hospital, as saying that all the wards and the emergency centre were evacuated and that no injuries were reported. The cause of the fire is being investigated, she said, adding that the extent of the damage still needs to be assessed, after which time-frames for the repair and restoration will be determined.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid