Five people, some of the police, were killed and more than 10 injured today when a suicide bomber attacked a restaurant in the Somali capital of Mogadishu, police said. The AFP reports that the officer and witnesses said the attacker walked into the restaurant near a police academy and blew himself up. A witness, Abdukadir Hussein said there had been dozens of people in the restaurant when the blast occurred.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria