Heavy downpours over large parts of South Africa’s KwaZulu-Natal on Monday left two people dead, while two others were still missing and several roads were also flooded. News24 quotes the eThekwini municipality spokespersonas saying the City’s disaster management unit was on high alert while Medi Response spokesperson Paul Herbst said that the company’s search and rescue personnel, together with other services, had an “extremely busy day” responding to various flood-related incidents. “Ranging from motor vehicle accidents to vehicles washed off of crossings and persons trapped in trees, the unit has had their hands full and continue to respond to requests for help.
- South Africa set to unveil three-dimensional technology demonstration project
- Tanzanian government seize life stock from indigenous Maasi herders for conservation area and trophy hunting
- Algeria to move away from dependence fossil fuels
- United States one of South Africa’s biggest trading partners
- Rebels clash with DR Congo government troops