The Directorate of Veterinary Services in the Ministry of Agriculture, Water, and Land Reform has lifted the foot and mouth disease restrictions in place in Zambezi since an outbreak was detected in the region in May 2021. Chief Veterinary Officer Dr. Albertina Shilongo said following the successful control and containment of the disease through intensive disease surveillance conducted by the directorate, the last confirmed case of the disease in the region was reported on 04 November 2021.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho