The Directorate of Veterinary Services in the Ministry of Agriculture, Water, and Land Reform has lifted the foot and mouth disease restrictions in place in Zambezi since an outbreak was detected in the region in May 2021. Chief Veterinary Officer Dr. Albertina Shilongo said following the successful control and containment of the disease through intensive disease surveillance conducted by the directorate, the last confirmed case of the disease in the region was reported on 04 November 2021.
- Product codes starting with the number eight do not identify genetically modified produce
- Microsoft sees ‘new day’ in war with Google over AI search engines
- Why first 72 hours are crucial for Turkey-Syria quake rescues
- Direct support to small scale farmers reduces poverty – what Zambia is doing right
- Children pulled from rubble as Turkey-Syria quake toll tops 9,500