Global animal welfare organisation, Four Paws, has urged South Africa’s government to phase out all non-indigenous big cat species in South Africa to prevent them from being kept as pets. Eyewitness News reports that the call came after another tiger was seen prowling the streets of Gauteng – the second in less than a month. Four paws also strongly condemned the trade in any big cat species, saying they had become far too accessible to the public in South Africa.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised