Israeli forces entered the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound in occupied East Jerusalem again on Friday morning and injured approximately 30 Palestinians, including three journalists. AL Jazeera reports that the holy site has been the centre of days of violence following a series of attacks inside Israel and police raids in the West Bank. The recent surge in violence in Israel and the occupied Palestinian territory has raised fears of a slide back to a wider conflict, after last year’s 11-day Israeli assault on Gaza, in which more than 250 Palestinians in Gaza and 13 people in Israel were killed.
- Hyphen Hydrogen Energy signs non-binding Memorandums of Understanding with two major industrial companies
- Another twist revealed in the R1 billion South Africa Tourism investment saga
- Pope Francis wraps up visit to Democratic Republic of Congo
- Travel and Tourism Forum launched National Tour Guide Registration Database for local tourism industry
- Zimbabwe’s Central Bank allows for exporters to keep 75% of foreign currency