Finance ministers and central bank governors of G20 nations began a two-day meeting Thursday with Indonesia’s leader warning the Ukraine crisis was a threat to the post-pandemic recovery. Reuters reports that as the pandemic battered global economies, the Group of 20 leading economies launched measures, including a temporary debt service suspension for poor countries to provide breathing room, as well as the Common Framework – a debt restructuring scheme for long-term relief.
- Another tiger escapes in Western Cape
- SA’s first COVID-19 vaccine ready for trials
- 25 People arrested in connection with sabotage and fraud at Eskom
- Somali government reportedly killed more than 130 fighters from al-Shabab militant group
- Pope Francis to start trip to two fragile African nations on Tuesday