The Group of Seven leaders from the world’s seven wealthiest nations – Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States – have committed to phasing out dependency on Russian energy as they announced fresh sanctions as part of an “unprecedented” package of coordinated sanctions to reinforce Russia’s economic isolation over Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine. Expressing concern that the war was causing global economic disruptions, including the functioning of global supply chains, they called on Russia “to end its blockade and all other activities that further impede Ukrainian food production and exports, in line with its international commitments”.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho