Mpumalanga lawyer and former EFF secretary-general Godrich Gardee has posted a message on social media offering a “handsome reward” to anybody who can give the police more information regarding the kidnapping and killing of his daughter Hillary Gardee. The body of 28-year-old Hillary Gardee was found last Tuesday 45km outside of the city of Mbombela. Daily Maverick reports that writing on Facebook her father said he could ensure the confidentiality of those who want to inform. Three men have since been arrested in connection with the crime. The move comes despite Police Minister Bheki Cele deploying the “best experts” to work on the case.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho