The National Natural Science Foundation of China and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation have launched a joint program to call for global scientific research cooperation in 2022 to accelerate progress toward malaria eradication. Xinhua News reports that the program will fund research projects that develop innovative solutions for malaria vector control, including outdoor vector control strategies, tools, and products. According to the recent world malaria report released by the World Health Organization, approximately 241 million malaria cases were recorded globally in 2020.
- Product codes starting with the number eight do not identify genetically modified produce
- Microsoft sees ‘new day’ in war with Google over AI search engines
- Why first 72 hours are crucial for Turkey-Syria quake rescues
- Direct support to small scale farmers reduces poverty – what Zambia is doing right
- Children pulled from rubble as Turkey-Syria quake toll tops 9,500