The National Natural Science Foundation of China and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation have launched a joint program to call for global scientific research cooperation in 2022 to accelerate progress toward malaria eradication. Xinhua News reports that the program will fund research projects that develop innovative solutions for malaria vector control, including outdoor vector control strategies, tools, and products. According to the recent world malaria report released by the World Health Organization, approximately 241 million malaria cases were recorded globally in 2020.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho