President Hage Geingob has taken a dig at Cabinet ministers and senior government officials who ‘sleep’ on public information under the pretext of national security or to solicit bribes. The Namibia Press Agency reports that Geingob said this cannot continue as it hampers the government’s efforts to secure investment or deliver services. The President said this during the opening of the two-day 2022 Cabinet retreat on Friday in the capital.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho