Speaking on International Women’s Day on Tuesday, President Hage Geingob called on Namibian men to stop abusing women and girls and focus on creating a safer space in which they can flourish and reach their full potential. Geingob said that while “more still needs to be done to attain full gender inclusion and participation of women in the development process to ensure a sustainable and equal future,” he is optimistic that the proposed amendments to the Combating of Domestic Violence Act will have a positive impact on the reduction of GBV cases in our country,” and called for the “speedy finalisation of these amendments”.
- South Africa set to unveil three-dimensional technology demonstration project
- Tanzanian government seize life stock from indigenous Maasi herders for conservation area and trophy hunting
- Algeria to move away from dependence fossil fuels
- United States one of South Africa’s biggest trading partners
- Rebels clash with DR Congo government troops