During his State of the Nation address President Hage Geingob expressed his support for the construction of a new district hospital in Windhoek this year. The new, 300 bed, State health facility, Geingob said, is expected to entirely relieve congestion of patients at the two existing State health facilities in the capital, and improve access to healthcare. He also called on the country to lend its support to the Universal Health Coverage Policy that is currently being developed by the government.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised