President Hage Geingob said that Namibia still has considerable responsibilities to promote policies that focus on combatting desertification as the country remains the aridest sub-Saharan country. Geingob, who is attending the 15th Session of the COP15 in Côte d’Ivoire, said this responsibility can be met by promoting Land Degradation Neutrality targets as part of the country’s sustainable agriculture and food security strategy. According to Geingob, the country experienced at least 12 years of drought since its Independence in 1990.
- Russian soldier pleads guilty at Kyiv war crimes trial
- Compassionate Leave as provided for under Section 25 of the Labour Act, 2007 (No. 11 of 2007
- African scientists and technology could drive future black hole discoveries
- Guterres launches climate ‘Marshall Plan’
- South Africans struggling financially