The GIPF says despite the indefinite postponement of the implementation of the proposed Financial Institutions and Markets Act by the Minister of Finance, Ipumbu Shiimi, it still requires all its members younger than 55 years to give their views on the draft pension regulation. The finance minister said the postponement was to allow adequate time for broader consultations on the envisaged regulation of retirement funds. FIMA was to be effected on 1 October 2022.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid