Mali’s Colonel Assimi Goita was sworn into office as the troubled country’s transitional president on Monday despite international condemnation of his latest power grab, the second coup he has led in nine months. The AFP reports that Goita, who ousted Mali’s interim president and prime minister in May, assumed office in a ceremony at the International Conference Centre in Bamako.
- Dr Karuaihe reveals his 100 days plan as Agribank CEO
- Possible 10-year sentence for sharing pics, videos of minors amid POPI Act
- Oil highest since 2014 as Turkey outage adds to tight supply outlook
- Zandile Mafe transferred to Pollsmoor Prison
- Namcor require unvaccinated staff to show a weekly negative PCR test