Alphabet Inc’s (GOOGL.O) Google plans to shut down a long-running program aimed at entry-level engineers from underrepresented backgrounds after participants said it enforced “systemic pay inequities,” according to internal correspondence seen by Reuters. Critics have long argued that Google and its tech industry peers favor white, Asian, and male workers in hiring, promotions and pay.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria