The Ministry of Mines and Energy has confirmed the discovery of light oil within the Orange Basin 250 kilometers offshore Namibia. In a media release on Tuesday, the ministry said that the Namibian Government is excited to enter this new era in the oil and gas exploration sector. The Minister of Mines and Energy, Tom Alweendo Tuesday congratulated Shell, Qatar Energy, and the National Petroleum Corporation of Namibia on the discovery.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho