The Ministry of Mines and Energy has confirmed the discovery of light oil within the Orange Basin 250 kilometers offshore Namibia. In a media release on Tuesday, the ministry said that the Namibian Government is excited to enter this new era in the oil and gas exploration sector. The Minister of Mines and Energy, Tom Alweendo Tuesday congratulated Shell, Qatar Energy, and the National Petroleum Corporation of Namibia on the discovery.
- Chart of some of the World’s deadliest earthquakes
- Pop Culture biggest influencer on African youth, according report by Africa no Filter
- Mali government gives head of UN peacekeeping mission 48 hours to leave the country
- Ethiopian government sends $90 million to Tigrayan capital to help restart banking services
- South Africa records two confirmed cases of cholera