With COVID-19 cases continuously increasing, the government is reviewing its COVID-19 vaccination strategic campaign to enhance awareness and increase the country’s required 60 percent herd immunity. Nampa reports that Minister of Health and Social Services, Dr Kalumbi Shangula, said although government vaccination campaigns were rolled out in March when the first jabs were administered, the existing method is not effective enough to drive people to believe in the efficacy of the vaccines.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria