The Africa Prime Initiative, a philanthropic arm of American-based video streaming platform Africa Prime, has partnered with Namibia’s StArt Art Gallery to launch its inaugural grants for African visual artists. Through the programme five Namibian artists will be awarded up to US$2,000 (or about N$32 000) each to develop their skills and create new works of art that will be featured in new video programming for Africa Prime’s North American streaming service.
- President Hage Geingob calls on Swapo party members to gear up for 2024 elections
- South African coal exporter, Thungela Resources, up for full-year profit double
- South Africa working on decriminalizing sex work
- Nigerian general dismisses secret army mass abortion programme
- Nedbank Desert Dash cyclists prep for long ride