In an update to yesterday’s story: Hai//Om San traditional leaders at their annual community conference at Otjiwarongo on Sunday resolved to fully support talks and campaigns related to any ancestral land restitution in the country. The conference also established a Hai//Om San burning issues movement or association that would aim to unite all the Hai//Om San community members through their different traditional authorities. Several traditional leaders in attendance endorsed the new movement and agreed that it should become a legitimate advocacy association for this marginalised group.
- South Africa set to unveil three-dimensional technology demonstration project
- Tanzanian government seize life stock from indigenous Maasi herders for conservation area and trophy hunting
- Algeria to move away from dependence fossil fuels
- United States one of South Africa’s biggest trading partners
- Rebels clash with DR Congo government troops