Haitian police on Tuesday issued warrants for new suspects allegedly linked to the assassination of President Jovenel Moise. The Associated Press reports that police on Tuesday said they were searching for a former official, a former senator and a former businessman. The former senator, John Joel Joseph, is a prominent politician who had previously criticized Moise’s party. While the former official, Joseph Felix Badio, has worked for the Justice Ministry and the government’s Anti-Corruption Unit.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria