Executive Director in the Ministry of Health and Social Services, Ben Nangombe has cautioned that the perception that the youth cannot fall sick or die from COVID-19 is undermining the government’s efforts in fighting the pandemic and should be dismissed immediately. He made these remarks while referring to a video circulating on social media of a group of about 100 young people seen at a party, after attending a funeral service of a person who is alleged to have died of COVID-19. The irresponsible behaviour of some young people is the source of more cases and deaths that have been recorded in the country recently, which is also contributing to the immense pressure the country’s health system is currently experiencing, Nangombe stressed.
- Dr Karuaihe reveals his 100 days plan as Agribank CEO
- Possible 10-year sentence for sharing pics, videos of minors amid POPI Act
- Oil highest since 2014 as Turkey outage adds to tight supply outlook
- Zandile Mafe transferred to Pollsmoor Prison
- Namcor require unvaccinated staff to show a weekly negative PCR test