Namibia has a high prevalence of congenital and rheumatic heart disease, with 40-60 children examined weekly in outpatient clinics, Executive Director in the Ministry of Health and Social Services Ben Nangombe has said. Nampa reports that Nangombe, while receiving N$ 219 000 for medical equipment for the Windhoek Central Hospital’s cardiac unit from First Rand Namibia, said the inpatient load is also significant, with new patients born with structural heart abnormalities in neonatal hospitals every day.
- Hyphen Hydrogen Energy signs non-binding Memorandums of Understanding with two major industrial companies
- Another twist revealed in the R1 billion South Africa Tourism investment saga
- Pope Francis wraps up visit to Democratic Republic of Congo
- Travel and Tourism Forum launched National Tour Guide Registration Database for local tourism industry
- Zimbabwe’s Central Bank allows for exporters to keep 75% of foreign currency