DA federal council chairperson Helen Zille has again sparked debate with comments comparing the apartheid government and the ANC. Asked by a follower to weigh in on the role of the Broederbond during apartheid and a claim the ANC’s policies are similar to those of the National Party, Zille said there are differences. “There is one interesting difference. The old NP ‘cadre deployment’ usually managed to build strong state-owned entities, a capable state, and led to significant industrialization and economic growth. Quite the opposite under the ANC,” she said. Zille’s statement drew a mixed reaction, with some saying the DA has its own cadre deployment policy.
- Compassionate Leave as provided for under Section 25 of the Labour Act, 2007 (No. 11 of 2007
- African scientists and technology could drive future black hole discoveries
- Guterres launches climate ‘Marshall Plan’
- South Africans struggling financially
- Belarus introduces death penalty for ‘attempted’ terrorism