Launching the online system under the theme ‘Moving to Digital World,’ Minister of Home Affairs, Immigration, Safety and Security, Albert Kawana, said that having an online application system for passports and short-term employment permits of up to six months will reduce costs for clients. The Minister further noted that through the online application and booking of preferred time-slot, queues will be drastically reduced at the ministry’s counters countrywide, with the risk of carrying cash reduced as well through the option to pay via Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised