At least 17 people have been killed in a huge explosion near a mining town in southwestern Ghana, officials say. Police say a vehicle carrying mining explosives collided with a motorcycle near the town of Bogoso. Images shared by local media showed black smoke rising above destroyed buildings and scattered debris as residents call for help. Graphic videos showed mutilated bodies of victims. About 500 houses were affected – some of which were completely destroyed.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised