More than 40 different country situations of concern will be put under the international spotlight at the Human Rights Council’s landmark 50th session beginning on Monday, in Geneva. Created in 2006, the forum is the most important multilateral body for advancing people’s freedoms, which recently has included strong and unequivocal action against racism and the challenges posed by climate change.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised