Hundreds of residents have been evacuated in South Africa’s KwaZulu-Natal province amid a high alert over renewed flooding. The province experienced deadly floods last month. eNCA reports that many of the people rescued are secondary victims of the April flooding. A level 10 warning – the highest and most severe level – issued by the weather service remains in place.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid