Almost 500 migrants have managed to enter the Spanish North African enclave of Melilla after more than 2,000 people tried to jump the fence at the border with Morocco. According to the BBC, the Spanish authorities say it was the largest attempt on record that saw 16 police officers injured and 20 migrants from sub-Saharan Africa being treated for minor injuries.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho