Preferred bidder, Hyphen Hydrogen Energy, is set to start production at Namibia’s Green Hydrogen project near Lüderitz in 2026, aiming to ultimately produce around 300,000 tonnes of green hydrogen per year. CEO Marco Raffinetti explains that the four years of construction are likely to create 15,000 direct jobs and 3,000 more during full operations – and that 90% of them will be filled by locals.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised