The International Monetary Fund has completed its annual staff visit to SA urging the government to “downsize Eskom’s balance sheet and restore its commercial sustainability”. Fin24 reports that the IMF says Eskom and Transnet must be improved “decisively and quickly”, as well as downsized. South Africa’s power utility, has around R380 billion of debt, which it is unable to serve.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised